Saturday, August 26, 2006

Survivor Series

I have been reading a lot of posts about the new survivor series. First I was never a fan of the show. I have never liked having people pitted against each other and stabbing each other in the back to win something. The idea then of someone being voted off of something... Well... Lets just say it doesn't appeal to me. Hang-ups from childhood and being one of the last picked for teams...I don't know. I just know that I don't like it.
Now it seems as if I took a nap and the world has started a backwards movement. In case you haven't heard the new show will feature groups based on racial lines. Their reasoning, they received complaints about not having enough of a cultural difference.
I have no idea what they plan to achieve with this divisive tactic other than create discord. But my real objections concern the participants. Doesn't any of them know what this is going to do? Do they care? Is the thought of being on television and the chance to possibly win a million dollars worth so much that nothing else matters?
The thought that are in my mind about the outcome of a show like this is so horrendous that I can only see polarization. Have we as a people sunk so low that it only matters what we do in our lives if it will advance us or get us some sort of publicity.? Do we not and I mean every single human being, do we not have a responsibility to this planet to try and at least keep it here for our children? MY God!!! What are they thinking? We're worried about a terrorist missile, I hate to see the fallout from this show. If I were a terrorist group I would just wait around while we destroy ourselves.
Dyanne

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwyneth Bolton said...

I'm with you, Dyanne! With our country's racial history, you would think folks would know better. I shudder to think of the backwards trend we are taking.

Gwyneth

8/27/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Seressia said...

I completely agree. I'm afraid someone is going to act in some "typical" way, and every other person is going to point to the screen and yell, "See, I TOLD you they all act like that!"

Not to mention that everyone who watches (of which I was never one) will more than likely be rooting for people based on their ethnic similarities.

9/12/2006 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home